Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title Apprentice Software Developer
Salary £NMW apprentice and above 37.5 hours per week (To be discussed)
Benefits Regular team building occasions
Free fresh fruit each week
Breakfast sandwich on a Friday
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company builds and runs a number of businesses across the software, consumer online shopping and mobile phone sectors. The group runs projects on a collaborative basis, with many opportunities to get involved right from the ideas stage, giving an opportunity for ownership and seeing ideas come to fruition.
The culture within the company is an open door type, with many additional benefits, from free fresh fruit every Monday, free tea and coffee, weekly breakfast sandwiches, dress down Fridays and free parking.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Dev apprentice with a Software company based in Retford (DN22)
The Apprentice Software Developer will be expected to participate in all aspects of the company’s work, with appropriate levels of support and guidance.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting in software development tasks on internal projects
- Assisting in designing and developing websites
- Software testing and development of automated tests
- Assisting in improving UI
- Updating daily HTML content across various sites
- Other development-related or technical tasks as required – for example, documentation, work on the company’s website, writing blog entries, admin tasks, etc
- By mutual agreement, you may be given your own project(s) to work on, with support and guidance as required
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
We are looking for somebody with an aptitude and an enthusiasm for software development, who wants to work towards a career in software. We value resilience, determination and a can-do attitude, a willingness to continuously learn new things, and a desire to do everything to the best of your ability.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.