Level 4 Software Developer
Job Title: Software Developer Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £5.00/per hour
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company is a full service Digital Marketing and Web Development agency based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
Our aim is simple… to always exceed customer expectations while offering great value for money services and support.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with a company based in Mansfield.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Developing custom websites and solutions using the WordPress platform
- Making website content and layout changes
- You will be required to manage your own individual projects and meet agreed deadlines
- You will help prioritise work loads for yourself and the team
- Helping to create website wire frames
- Upgrade and update the company website
- Creating HTML Email Templates
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Knowledge of managing and developing websites
- Basic knowledge of other languages such as: HTML, CSS and other frameworks
- Experience with PHP and SQL (ideal but not essential)
- Have an outstanding attention to detail
- Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations
- An enthusiastic, professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Languages (three parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.