Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title: Software Developer Apprentice
Salary: £8 – £12k Per Annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is the charitable arm.
The company helps older and vulnerable people live with dignity in their own homes this by operating funds which enable local HIAs to provide a range of support including repairs and improvements to people’s homes.
The company distributes Corporate Social Responsibility and charity funds through the network of HIAs. These then deliver a fast and effective service by assessing the customers’ needs and carrying out the necessary work quickly and cost-effectively.
They manage the delivery of these programmes, reporting to an independent board of trustees.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with a Retail Company based in Mansfield.
Home Improvement Agency Case Manager (HIACM) is the leading case management solution for the home improvement agency sector. It has been developed by IIZUKA in partnership and provides a highly customisable online workflow management, document management and report management tool.
The role is responsible for supporting existing customers through the HIACM Helpdesk, assisting the Technical Account Manager with supporting the database, aiding with the customer on-boarding process and being the primary contact for all HIACM support needs.
The post holder will ensure that:
- They are a champion of HIACM; promoting good practice and recommending system use in line with system design
- All contact through the HIACM Helpdesk is managed against set SLA response times
- Any tickets requiring third line support are passed to IIZUKA engineers ensuring that the process is managed and response time SLAs are still met
- existing customers are satisfied with the functionality of the system and are aware of the modules and customisations that are available along with their benefits;
- Aid with the on-boarding of new customers through the production of tailored training materials, guidance documentation and the delivery of training sessions
The role also incorporates first line support for internal IT systems including:
- Installation and support of standard IT systems (Microsoft office packages, printers, AD support for password resets/lockouts, VoIP solution)
- Troubleshooting User issues to identify whether this is a local or server issue
- Escalation of complex issues to relevant third party providers and to manage the resolution process once the issue is identified (Talk Internet, Novem)
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Implement on-boarding process in conjunction with Technical Account Manager
- Implement bespoke training materials and provide remote training support through the use of webinars or on-site where necessary
- Escalate any queries or business potential around new licences to Technical Account Manager
- Manage support tickets and process against set SLAs ensuring that all customers receive a helpful, fluid and thorough service
- Keep in regular contact with Technical Account Manager and escalate any potential upselling of software including new modules or increased user licences
- Understanding customers’ business requirements and configuring case management software to best meet those requirements (including paid for consultancy).
- Assisting customers who are making their own configuration changes to their own case management systems, through best practice guidance, technical assistance, diagnosis and debugging
- Development of report and document templates using built-in report wizard as well as industry standard scripting, template and query languages.
- Liaising with IIZUKA to coordinate on third line support issues
- Communicating with customers about forthcoming software changes and improvements
- Communicate all planned system downtime in conjunction with Technical Account Manager and Marketing Executive
- Manage unexpected system downtime on an individual or global level in conjunction with the Marketing Executive in order to keep customers updated on resolution progress
- Main point of contact for staff with queries around IT/phone system
- Provide first line troubleshooting of reported issues, against set SLAs, and apply fix if applicable
- Escalate all second or third line support queries to the relevant external provider ensuring SLA response targets are met
- Advise on potential system improvements and enhancements
- Deliver training to staff on new software and systems when applicable
Representing the Organisation
- Representing the organisation in all aspects of communication (telephony, email and in-person)
- Maintain positive relationships with existing customers
- Work collaboratively with other members of staff.
- Carry out duties in accordance with principles, policies and procedures
- Attend meetings and training courses as required, including regular supervision meetings and annual appraisal with the Technical Account Manager.
- Undertake from time to time such other tasks as may be required including administrative duties in connection with the post
- Uphold the policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the work of the organisation
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Willingness to learn new technology such as Artificial Intelligence, automation or robotics
- WebAPI and/or WCF
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Great communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- The right attitude to progress your IT Career
- An eagerness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.