Level 3 Software Developer
Job title: Software Developer Apprentice
Full address: Burlington House, Crosby Rd N, Waterloo, Liverpool L22 0PJ
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 Hours /pw
Salary: £10,000 per annum
Please contact Ciara at Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
Techedia is a provider of bespoke, cost-effective ICT support and software development to businesses across the UK. They provide tailored ICT support packages to businesses from SME to multi -site organisations across all industries.
Techedia have a team of developers with extensive experience in the support and development of Proclaim, the UK’s most widely used Case Management System (CMS) software within the legal sector. They work in partnership with clients to provide a world-class virtual ICT department without the cost and resource of recruiting and managing an in-house ICT team.
This is fantastic opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their career within IT at a company which has a strong track record of successfully recruiting and assisting apprentices through their course. Specific product training will be provided.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our rapidly expanding team as an apprentice Software Developer
The successful candidate will be required to
- Maintain and support assigned client Proclaim systems
- Pickup inbound phone calls and deal with them there and then or pass on to the relevant team member
- Work on the helpdesk ticket system and pickup and completed tickets from multiple clients
- Attend and complete internal training course (12 months)
- Respond to requests as necessary based on priority/requirements and timescales/SLAs using the Techedia helpdesk ticket system
- Responsible for the self-management of work to ensure work delivery
- To ensure the confidentiality of all of the firm’s and customer’s documentation and information
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Education IT background and qualifications (GCSEs, A-Level, BTec)
- Enthusiastic about IT with an interest at home preferred
- Specifically looking to go into a Software Developer role\career
- Excellent inter-personal, phone and client service skills
- Can work as part of a team
- Passionate about IT
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.