Level 3 Software Development Technician
Software Developer Apprentice
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company was created in 2008 in the early days of triathlon. Two friends who began training together at their local triathlon club went on to race a Sprint distance, followed by an Olympic distance, before finally completing an Ironman together and finishing a mere five minutes apart! Their journey took them to the committee of their local Triathlon Club in Manchester and onto the Boards of British Triathlon and Triathlon England, before they decided to launch the Tatton Park Triathlon. It was to become the third largest triathlon event in the UK, after London and Blenheim.
This company was initially launched as an answer to an issue that we came across often whilst organising our own event: many entrants simply didn’t want to commit to buying a wetsuit. Especially those who believed that their first triathlon would be their last!
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with a specialist Retailer that distributes globally based in Widnes.
You will be given the opportunity to help manage our web sites, liaise and learn from our IT manager, who has extensive knowledge of developing sophisticated web sites. Likely to get experience of Woo Commerce, Big Commerce, Shopify.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Work with the IT manager across a variety of technologies to provide software support to clients
- Developing bespoke software, mainly using Microsoft Technologies
- You will learn how to maximize sales through multi-channel marketing such as web site SEO, e-mail, Google PPC, Google shopping, Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media, and many other channels
- Contribute to the production of innovative design against challenging user and performance requirements
- Contribute towards the implementation of approved designs
- To learn the technical languages most commonly used and demonstration your understanding and its practical application
- Regularly collaborate with team members
- To take ownership for delivery of software projects to timescale and quality standards and report progress to your IT Manager
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Passion, enthusiasm and basic knowledge of Software Development & Social Media platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels, both verbally and written
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving
- An analytical mind-set
- An excellent team player with flexibility to work with different people on different projects
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Have an interest in sport
- If you have developed your own web pages or web site, or have an interest in maintaining a web site – that would be an advantage
- If you already have a working knowledge of social media – beyond just using it – that would also help
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.