Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Apprenticeship Title: Infrastructure Technician
Weekly Hours worked: 36 hrs Monday to Friday
Salary: £15,000 pa
Please contact Tom Lindley at Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 0203 355 8810
About the company:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Watch our video to learn more at Women in STEM at Thames Water
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Service Desk Apprentice with Thames Water based in Reading.
Thames Water are about to embark on a very exciting journey to improve our IT services. You will be part of a new team creating our own in house multi-million pound ITIL service management framework. You will be involved in continuously improving our service for our current and future long term vision.
The purpose of this role is to provide an excellent IT service to Thames Water employees, using appropriate experience and ability to follow knowledge articles in order to achieve first time resolution or where not possible an efficient routing to the correct team.
As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Provide an excellent IT customer experience to required standards
- Contribute to team success, by demonstrating Thames Water values, sharing knowledge and best practice
- Whilst interacting with their clients is key, the IT Service Desk Engineer will be required to communicate effectively with clients and manage tickets in line with standards and SLA’s.
- Identify opportunities for first time fix rates.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receive, log and manage calls from internal employees via telephone
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support – troubleshooting IT related incidents from in-house software to hardware, such as mobile phones, Laptops, PCs
- Escalate unresolved calls
- Take ownership of user incidents and follow up the status of incidents on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Develop basic Active Directory knowledge, creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups etc.
. 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above in English, maths, ICT and two other subjects non-specific
- The successful candidate will possess excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
- You will have experience in a similar technical role or a strong interest in the IT/digital world. and have excellent organisational skills.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Self-motivated achiever
- Willing to learn
Future prospects & Benefits:
You will have the chance to gain:
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry while employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. While in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, along with help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
- Functional skills, Level 2 maths and English
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.