Level 4 Software Developer
|Full Time (09:00 – 17:00, Monday Friday)|
£18-25k per annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are an experienced UK based provider and the creators of the outstanding CRM system. Since 2010, we have been working in partnership with businesses across the UK and globally to improve data management processes through high quality CRM Products, Services and Support.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Developer with an IT company based in Leeds.
The Junior Developer will join our small team and will be primarily responsible for setting up and maintaining our web products that are integrated with the CRM solution we provide. This role will also support the Technical Director in the development of the latest version of our flagship product. Responsibilities will also include 1st line technical support for end users, assisting with product web integrations and other components as required.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Responsible for the setup, development, and maintenance of our web integration products.
- Assisting the Technical Director with the development of the new version of our flagship product.
- Writing and maintaining code for portions of the new system.
- Development of additional integration modules with external API providers.
- Learning the codebase and improving overall coding skills (including front and back end).
- Working on minor bug fixes as requested by the Technical Director.
- 1st line telephone, email and remote support for existing customers as required.
- Identification of areas of process improvement and solutions implementations.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- General knowledge of databases and operating systems.
Bonus Skills (preferred but not required)
- Visual Studio
- SEO Skills
- Social Media Integration (via API)
- Friendly and approachable telephone manner.
- Comfortable resolving issues with customers directly (over the phone) as required.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and deliver work to agreed timescales
- Motivated to resolve issues quickly in line with company policy
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive five weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Language
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.