Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title: Junior IT Technician
Employer: Fresh Mango Technologies (UK)
Full Address: Brewery Close, Barker Business Park, 6, Melmerby, Ripon HG4 5NL
Weekly Hours Worked: 40 hours
Salary: £9,000 per annum
Please contact Ciara at Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Fresh Mango Technologies (UK) provide computer support services across the United Kingdom. We provide computer support services to all sizes of businesses, including everything from IT Support and managed IT services solutions to website design, cloud backup, cyber security, network design and PC/server supply and repair.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Infrastructure Technician Apprentice with Fresh Mango Technologies (UK), a Computer support company based in Ripon.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and enterprising individual to fill our Junior IT Support Technician vacancy. The successful candidate will have good communication skills (both verbally and written), be self-motivated and have good customer relation skills both face to face and on the telephone.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To work with other Technicians in the Workshop carrying out IT repairs on equipment (laptops, Macs, PCs etc).
- Hardware Diagnosis, Replacement and Upgrades
- Working with Microsoft servers and networks both LAN and WAN
- Network technologies including firewalls, routers, cabling and wireless
- Windows / Mac installs
- Malware & Virus Removal, Security Hardening
- Setting up and maintaining Cloud based backup and email systems
- To assist other Technicians answering the telephone and responding to technical requests for support.
- To assist and log calls for support within JIM.
- To assist with any internal infrastructure requirements.
- To assist accepting new jobs; taking full and accurate customer information, entering into Ticket System accurate information concerning problems with equipment brought for repair.
- To assist when customers collect their equipment; conducting final check with the customer, taking payment, and entering payment information in JIM.
- Field and remote support as directed.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills Required (Social Media Executive Skills and Qualifications):
- Drive and passion to progress in the field of IT with Fresh Mango Technologies (UK).
- Ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Keenness to develop further IT skills and qualifications.
- Great customer skills and team spirit.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service.
- Evidence of self-learning in the field of IT
- Team Worker
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.