Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Junior IT Security Analyst
Salary: £18,000 DOE
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 0113 3500333
About the Company:
This company is the world’s leading independent international property consultancy, headquartered in the UK, offering agency and professional advice across Commercial, Residential and Rural sectors.
Established in 1896, this compny now comprises a global network of 15,000 people in over 400 offices in 48 countries.
Our commercial business acts on behalf of institutional, private equity, family offices, sovereign wealth, corporate tenants and real estate companies globally. Our services include but are not limited to office, retail, industrial, leisure, occupier as well as specialist sectors such as student property and healthcare.
Our global residential business is involved with some of the most prestigious residential properties around the world, offering a wide range of services including sales, lettings, residential development and consultancy across the global network.
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a Junior IT Security Analyst with an international property consultancy, based in London.
Based in Baker Street, London, the IT division is looking to recruit an Apprentice Cyber Security Analyst – perfect for an individual looking to begin their career in Technology! The Cyber Defender & Responder Apprenticeship is focused on monitoring systems to detect and respond to security breaches.
This is an exciting role which will provide you with an opportunity to learn about cyber security, risk and compliance. The apprenticeship will provide a wide breadth of experience and provide full professional support whilst you work on live projects and complete your studies. At the end of your 18-month apprenticeship, you will have achieved a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship and there is the potential to progress within the firm.
Your key responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Monitor the Security Incident and Event Management systems to identify risks and trends
- Facilitate the response to security incidents, supporting the IT Security Analyst and technical teams
- Coordinate activities to proactively remediate systems, protecting against security threats
- Expedite weekly and monthly security reviews with the Security Operations Centre (SOC) service
- Communicate advice proactively from the SOC to the relevant technical teams and process owners
- Manage communication of security incidents to senior IT and business stakeholders, as appropriate
- Support the IT Security Analyst in progressing projects and audit findings to improve the companies security posture
- Produce Management Information including risk and compliance status updates
- Participate in security reviews of system configurations and privileged access
- Perform research and analysis on external security events, assessing potential risks .
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and latest development in IT, with a focus on Cyber
- Assist in the review of supplier responses to security due diligence and project security impact assessments
Team & Professional Standards
- Liaise with other departments and offices when required
- Build and maintain goodwill, confidentiality, and trust
- Assist wider team and perform all other tasks delegated by the Partner in charge as required.
- Meet Best Practice criteria – remain aware and up to date with current legislation
- Enthusiastic approach to work with excellent communication skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Good personal resilience, with enthusiasm to manage tasks to completion
- Have a keen interest in Technology!
- Ideally experience in a similar or customer facing role although not essential.
- Minimum of 3 A Levels (including Maths or ICT)
- Maths GCSE C or 4 and above
- English GCSE C or 4 and above
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Security Case Development and Design Good Practice
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.