Level 4 Software Developer
Apprenticeship Title: Junior .NET Developer
Weekly Hours worked: 37.5
Salary: £18k-£20k DoE with progression
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a PE backed cloud services company who manage cloud and on-premise IT services including licenses, costs, billing, governance and reporting through its award-winning self-service portal. Their self-service platform enables organisations to manage their IT estate, including procurement and provisioning, all in one portal. Featuring customisable workflows and smart license management tools, it turns gruelling, manual tasks into fully automated, streamlined processes, all at the click of a button.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for this company, an international Cloud Services company. Due to sustained growth and recent investment, they are looking for a junior software developer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. This a brilliant time to join our talented global team – our people are truly at the heart of our business. We offer a brilliant employment experience, highly competitive salary package and a fantastic contemporary workspace in Harrogate town centre.
Working closely with the development team to test new and existing functionality across multiple product features within our Control Panel.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Partnering with senior developers for pair programming to learn coding and design best practices
- Documenting defects
- Observation of design/planning meetings
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- A-level of equivalent
- Further education advantageous
- Required: Experience building .NET applications
- Required: Experience working with Visual Studio
- Optimal: history of building applications/systems as a hobby
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Organised with a logical, methodical approach to work
- Able to take direction
- Comfortable asking questions to increase clarity around assigned tasks
- Comfortable explaining features and can recognise their benefits / drawbacks
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- ‘Can do’ ethos
- Works in a timely manner
The role offers long term prospects to become an established and integral part of a growing software development team.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive five weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Language
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.