Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title: IT Technician
Hours: Full Time, 40 Hrs per week (Monday-Friday)
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company are a fast-paced Managed Service Provider based in West Yorkshire. With a track record for both growing and rewarding staff we are looking to add to our amazing team.
Working on a people first approach; we offer the highest level of respect and care to both our customers and our staff which see’s us work in a fast paced and enthusiastic environment.
Our 1st line engineers are the heart of our business, they are the first point of call for all contact with our customers. You will need a strong customer service effort but will be rewarded with a hands on and human approach to IT.
So, if you are an open minded and enthusiastic person who is looking to help, learn and have fun with IT then please apply.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician with a fast-paced Managed Service Provider company based in Wakefield.
Reporting into the Head of IT, you will be working within a small team where there is a strong emphasis on staff development and training.
Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Using the ticket system and working to fulfil SLA’s
- Attending site visits for the other offices for repairs, new installs or support
- Hardware repairs, upgrades and installs
- Securely connecting devices to the network e.g laptops, tablets and PC’s
- Software updates and install
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Some knowledge of technical elements such as hardware components, built their own PC etc
- Confident in their own technical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Good work ethic
- Able to communicate and put forward ideas/ask for help
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.