Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Technical IT/Photocopier Engineer
Weekly Hours Worked: Mon – Friday (08:30 – 17:30)
Salary: £NMW for apprentice starting
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company provides Managed Print Services to businesses throughout the country. The team has decades of combined experience providing products and service to businesses and the public sector.
Growing out of a giant in the print technology industry, this company was established as a separate company in 2012, retaining its status a main dealer for Toshiba and Sharp multifunction printers. this company has access to their entire range of devices, as well as commercial desktops, plotters and large format printers from a range of other suppliers including HP, offering flexible and tailored solutions for each individual organisation.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Infrastructure Technician apprentice with a managed print services business based in Stockport.
A great opportunity has arisen to work within a fast-growing and award-winning supplier of Toshiba, Epson, HP, & Sharp multifunction printers and communication technologies, as well as a range of products from other manufacturers, as we now require an IT / Photocopier Engineer Apprenticeship.
Working alongside an experienced engineer, you will receive full training and offered all the help you need to develop your skills.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Processing new Technical Support enquiries via TeamViewer
- Managing open Technical Support Enquiries, including those owned by others,
- Making sure that all technical support enquiries are resolved as quickly, efficiently and professionally as possible.
- Receive training and development provided from your mentor and from manufacturers
- Engage with customers when delivering and installing devices, offering the highest levels of customer service
- Learn how to set up photocopiers and printers on the customer’s network
- Learn how to operate in a workshop and warehouse environment
- Learn how to set up (PDI – Pre-delivery inspection)
- Learn how to refurbish photocopiers and printers
- Learning how to use One Stop package software
- Managing customer networks
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent communication skills,
- Interest in technology,
- Good basic IT skills,
- Highly self-disciplined and motivated
- Adaptable and confident
- Can think outside of the box
- Possess the ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Has a full driving license (Desired)
- Good time-keeping,
- Attention to detail.
- A good team-player
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.