Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Technical Engineer
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company offer a range of printing, copying and managed print services across the North West of England. They aim to deliver fast, efficient and personal service to businesses. The companies clients’ now regard their powerful devices as the office “hub”, not only for copying, but also printing, scanning, faxing and archiving.
Brief job description:
Estio Training has an exciting new Technical Engineering opportunity with a company based in Preston. This company is a leading supplier of Multifunctional Office Devices. They offer the cutting edge of photocopying and office solutions.
The engineer role is to service, repair and maintain a wide range of colour and mono photocopiers including Sharp, Ricoh and Xerox products and provide first class customer service at all times.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Achieving a high first time fix rate and a low recall percentage
- Implementing all appropriate modifications and keeping up to date with technical bulletins
- Regular travel /visits to our customers sites
- Following servicing schedules and highlighting problem machines
- Supporting clients and users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Keeping users and clients informed on the status and progress of faults.
- Allocating more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member.
- Arranging for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems, networking, configuration, applications, hardware and software
- A working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems
- A knowledge of Active Directory
- Familiarity with Basic Linux Administration
- Bonus if you can drive (desirable not essential) due to travel to and from sites.
- Ability to solve problems
- Good organisation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Communicate well with others at all levels in a helpful and professional manner
- Driving License Beneficial
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.