Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Apprentice IT Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Salary: £10,000 P/A
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This comapany is an organisation providing, providing an on-site ICT support package specifically designed for the educational sector, implemented in schools across Northampton. The bespoke service allows customers to work with confidence knowing all necessary maintenance is taken care of by trained technicians.
This company have been supporting apprentices on an annual basis for the last 12 years. As such, you will be working as part of an extremely experienced team, some of which started their careers through the apprenticeship programme.
With the business currently expanding, we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and customer focused individual with a passion for IT to compliment this experienced team. You will be working in a well-established, vibrant company offering opportunities for growth and development. The role is field based, where you will be supporting the maintenance of IT Systems on-site at educational facilities across Northampton. With a full-time role waiting at the end of the course, this role offers excellent opportunities for career progression within a growing and reputable IT centric company.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
The role involves IT Support via telephone and/or Teams, you will need to be able to demonstrate a calm, friendly and reassuring presence to our IT Users. You will also:
- A degree of knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/10)
- Knowledge of MS Office 2013 – 2019 & Office365
- Some hardware, software, printing, and networking troubleshooting skills
- Carry out office and general administration to keep client IT Services running efficiently.
- Promote a “can do” attitude, by looking for solutions and not problems
- Other appropriate technician duties under supervision and as requested by the IT Lead
- Be committed to undertaking the advanced apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both and our training provider.
- Achieved BTEC or equivalent in an IT related discipline, plus Maths and English at Grade C or 4/5
Skills Required (Essential/desirable skills, knowledge and Qualifications):
- Good interpersonal skills and able to organise themselves and their time effectively
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Able to display a genuine interest of the tech space
- A ‘can do’ attitude, willing to learn from an experienced and successful team
- A natural curiosity for problem solving and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, embrace new challenges, and develop in the role, with aspirations to progress your career in the field of IT.
- *Must have your own driving license and your own transport* (fuel paid each month at 25ppm)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.