Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 09:00-5:30
Salary: £4:15 per hour
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
with over 10 years’ industry experience this company has evolved to become more than just a serviced apartments provider; we are accommodation solutions experts focused on helping our clients solve all their corporate and leisure travel accommodation needs through the delivery of premium and bespoke serviced apartments in over 30 locations across major towns in Kent – including Chatham, Gillingham, Maidstone, Rochester and Sittingbourne.
The Junior Computer/Technical Support Specialist will be providing technical support for the company and its’ employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- setting up and watching over computer systems in the company
- give minor repairs, when needed, to software, hardware, or other equipment in this job.
- Require to follow any specifications in installation or design of operating systems cables or other software and be sure the system operates correctly when issuing commands.
- If a major problem would occur the computer support specialist would connect with appropriate technicians or vendors for repair and service to any hardware or software or other product.
- expected to maintain their knowledge of current technology by reading technical manuals and other sources of information and use their up-to-date education to give any appropriate training and materials to the users of the computer’s software or hardware or other equipment.
- Must be a student currently eligible for employment
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
- Must be able to follow directions and work within a team environment
- Should possess knowledge of computer/printer anatomy and operations
The Junior Technical Support Specialist candidate must be a skilled communicator with excellent customer service and computer/technical skills. Exceptional writing and reading skills are required to provide appropriate support.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Friendly, confident, and eager to learn.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.