Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Apprentice Service Desk Analyst
Location: High Wycombe
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week – 0900 -1730 Monday to Friday
Salary: £5.50 per hour
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company are a managed IT service provider, helping businesses and customers with all their IT needs. This company provide customers with complete solutions for managing IT strategy and services, long term support, security, productivity, growth and quick win solutions for remote working.
Estio Training has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring IT Technician with a company based in High Wycombe.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- As part of a team, provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; answering support queries via phone and email.
- As part of a team, check and maintain customer backups.
- Occasionally visit customer sites to provide onsite troubleshooting, support and hardware/software installations.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management/ITIL principles.
- As part of a team, take ownership of user faults and requests and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- As part of a team, log every fault and request as a separate ticket on the ticket logging system.
- As part of a team, support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- As part of a team, allocate and escalate relevant tickets to other members of the IT Support team when appropriate.
- As part of a team, arrange for external, third party, technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- To log all actions and time, in real-time, either on the appropriate customer ticket or directly on an electronic timesheet.
- To account for at least 7 hours per day via the timesheet.
- As part of a team, work on all tickets according to SLA events and priority.
- Submit weekly timesheet by the end of the first working day of the following week.
- Proactively communicate with the customer by phone and via the ticket during the life cycle of the support fault or request.
- Follow and adhere to all of the appropriate, documented procedures for all repeatable tasks.
- Proactively adhere to the company’s published mission and values
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Task Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Care/Service
- Good verbal and written skills
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to develop a good rapport with all customers and colleagues and present a helpful and co-operative manner.
- Rockstar of the month award – Amazon vouchers for the ‘Rockstar’
- Monthly personal time off rewards (based on group targets)
- Dress down Friday
- Music played in office
- Office Play Station 4
- Medical Insurance
- Pension (auto-enrolment – can opt out if desired)
- Company-wide bonus scheme
- Occasional overtime opportunities
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- CompTIA A+
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.