Job Title: IT Technician Apprentice
Hours: 37 hours per week (which include 7.5 for study or attending courses).
Pay: £16K per annum, plus 24 days leave you will also be invited if qualified to join our PMI and work place pension scheme.
Please contact us on Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call on 01133500333
About the company:
This company was formed in 1984 and has established a reputation for providing integrated communications solutions that help support and develop our customers businesses.
We are one of the largest and most technically able independent communications companies in the UK, providing both national and international solutions. We specialise in IP Communications, Networking, Systems and CT (Computer Telephony) Integration and applications development.
There has been rapid development in the world of Telecommunications and IT, this company have continually developed our offerings through a mixture of partnerships with leading companies such as Mitel, AVAYA, HP, Cisco, BT, Sun Microsystems and in-house solutions development.
We are focused on working partnerships with our customers with the specific aim of adding real value to their business operations through effective utilisation of technology, complemented by a total commitment to customer care. We believe it is this philosophy that has enabled our continued success and strong customer and supplier relationships, many of which span for more than 25 years.
Whilst we are based in Guildford, Surrey we operate nationally, supporting well in excess of 1,400 locations nationwide, supported customers include; – Zoopla, Trailfinders Travel, WWF and RSM.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with BTL Net in Guildford
This company are currently looking for a School or College Leaver. Ideally you will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a demonstrable interest and experience in IT technologies.
This excellent opportunity is to join our IT Technical Departments who are pivotal in the smooth operation and deployment and onward support for the core products sold and supported. We work with industry leading technology vendors to deliver business and carrier grade services into many organisations across the UK.
You should apply for this role if you are excited about technology, want to deliver high professional standards and are looking for a career/ long term future in an IT technical role.
You will be offered a full training schedule and support as part of the role, but we will also expect you to be ambitious and to drive your own learning and focus.
You must be confident in speaking to people of all levels (technical and non-technical) ideally you should possess and have a keen interest in all IT and WAN / LAN technologies, have an excellent understanding of Internet, intranet, cloud based systems.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
This role within the IT & Network Services team, predominately working on the internal infrastructure. This role will also require the building and testing of servers and application services for customers.
- Helps set up and maintain computer stations and software for training programs and demos.
- Assist in supporting corporate applications; internal corporate servers, user desktops, etc.
- Assist with basic troubleshooting, backup, and archiving.
- Help install and improve computer software and network equipment.
New Recruits Administration
- Create network and email accounts for new users.
- Set up computers for new users and ensure delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary.
- Update company phone lists and email address books.
Help Desk Administration
- Help answer all trouble calls/emails and enters work orders into our CRM software.
- Assist in administering and maintaining local and web-based applications
- Liaise with Microsoft and other vendors for online services.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of Internal Systems programs
- Interact with internal clients to resolve basic help desk issues; communicate with internal clients in a professional manner maintaining confidentiality.
- Provide responses to internal clients in a timely manner.
- Assist with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Assist with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Promote responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Keen ambitious person self-driven and looking for a career in Technology
For the right candidate, this role could offer long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position on successfully passing the course and being a valued team member.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Tech qualification with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Networking & Architecture
- Business Processes
- Cloud Services
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.