Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Technician Apprentice
Full Address: Handforth – Cheshire SK9 3HQ
Weekly Hours Worked: Mon-Friday 37.5 hours
Salary: 11K starting
Please contact Ciara Glynn on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Lomature Limited is an established technology and managed service company based in Manchester, providing Airlines with software and managed services.
Our solutions help Airlines meet the challenges of In-Flight-Service Management.
An opportunity has arisen for an extremely organised and focussed individual to work within the Lomature – organisation under the apprenticeship scheme with the opportunity for a full-time role on successful completion of their apprenticeship.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Technician with Lomature a Software company based in Cheshire.
We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with good problem-solving ability for the position of IT Technician. The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties. IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems, and implement solutions to them.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
• monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
• Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
• Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
• Performing tests and evaluations of new software and hardware.
• Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
• Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
• Conducting daily backup operations.
• Managing technical documentation.
• talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• provide support, including documentation and relevant reports
• support the roll-out of new applications
• set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• work continuously on a task until completion
• rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
• test and evaluate new technology
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Windows Server
• Windows high availability clustering
• Windows 10
• Microsoft office 365
• Microsoft SQL Server
• hypervisor virtualization (desired knowledge)
• Microsoft exchange server
• Good problems analysis and solving skills.
• Excellent working practices.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Approachable, adaptable, and a great team player.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship programme.