Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title: IT Technician
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week / 52 Weeks Per Year
Salary: National Apprentice Rate (£5.51 per hour in the first year)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract up to 14 Months
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company is a further and higher education college in Blackburn, North West England.
The IT Department at this company offers ‘outstanding’ first and second line support to customers, both staff and students. The IT team you will be joining is responsible for the installation and maintenance of hardware and software used by staff and students in the day-to-day running of the College’s IT Network, containing over 2,500 networked devices and in the region of 10,000 staff and student accounts. You will receive training in all areas of the job description and will be required to successfully complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard within the duration of the contract for which you will will be given 20% off the job training.
- Support all aims and objectives.
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’, positive attitude with all stakeholders, raising any issues immediately with the MIS Manager for review.
- Resolve software/hardware problems and supporting customers, via the Computer Services helpdesk.
- Install, configure and set up of devices and other hardware in accordance to College’s network requirements.
- Install system and application’s software through manual or automated deployment process
- Provide Helpdesk cover and provide outstanding customer service advice, managing customer requests from initial contact to resolution in line with team service standard timeframes.
- Maintain electronic database and asset tagging of all hardware.
- Documentation of procedures relating to service offer.
- Administration of student network, including users accounts, home/shared areas, passwords and faults.
- Ensure knowledge of the IT Technician role is transferred to ensure continuity of service during absence
- Ensure your role meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act and Information Security Policy
- Ensure flexible working at peak times throughout the year.
- Support with key college processes, for example main enrolment, applications, exam results days (including Higher Education) and open evenings.
- To participate in appropriate staff development to maintain Continuous Professional Development including a commitment to working in line with the Matrix standard.
- To positively contribute to a safe learning and work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policy and procedure
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Basic knowledge of hardware components would be beneficial but not essential
- Eager to start a hands-on role
- Good grammar and attention to detail
- Professional and proactive attitude
- Due to the nature of this role and visiting multiple sites, a driving license or learning to drive is required for this role
- Desire to learn
- A want to start an IT career and progress
- Good work ethic
- Friendly personality and happy to communicate
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.