Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
IT Systems Apprentice
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £4.50 Per Hour
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Founded in the 1990s, this company specialises in the research, development, manufacturing, sales and support of technologically advanced fleet management, vehicle tracking and asset tracking solutions. This company offers a wide range of vehicle tracking, fleet management, satellite navigation, workflow, mobile job planning and security tools with cost-effective and scalable solutions that offer a unique combination of flexibility, reliability and functionality.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with a IT Services Company based in Leeds.
A position has become available in the IT department for a Junior Systems Administrator. The position will be based in our Leeds office, supporting users across the UK and Ireland. The role will be comprised of aspects of IT ranging from desktop configuration to managing updates on servers, as well as answering calls and completing general housekeeping duties’ such as keeping inventories up to date.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- User support requests and calls (excellent customer service skills are essential)
- Routine IT maintenance procedures
- Installation and configuration of desktops and laptops
- Active Directory account creation and management
- Supporting remote connections (SSL VPN)
- Providing face to face support for users
- Resolving hardware and software issues
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Configuration and maintenance of desktop and laptop hardware
- Installation of Windows
- Working knowledge of Windows 10
- Remote administration where physical presence is not available; either via tools or telephone guidance
- Some IT exposure at a school level would be desirable
- Non-commercial experience would be beneficial
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Hardworking and Proactive
- Keenness to learn and develop within the role.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.