Level 4 Network Engineer
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Employer: Vibrant Networks
Full Address: Grove House, Grove Terrace, Walsall WS1 2NE
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Salary: £10,000 per annum
Please contact Josh at Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Vibrant Networks have over 11 years expertise and experience in the IT industry and specialise in IT Support and Maintenance, Wi – Fi Networks, Vo – ip Telephone System, Network Design and Setup, Printing Solutions, Cloud Services, VM ware, Virtualisation, Citrix, Cloud Services and IT Projects.
We are based in Walsall but cover Birmingham, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sandwell, West Midlands, Manchester, and London areas.
We have strategic partnerships with Microsoft, Office 365, VMware, Citrix, Cisco, HP, Aruba, Fujitsu, IBM, Sonicwall, Watch Guard, Webroot, Acronis, Sophos, Lenovo and many more vendors.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Vibrant Networks, a managed IT Services provider based in Walsall.
The main part of your role will be repairing IT such as laptops and desktops, working with customers to support their IT needs. Along with this there is a requirement to upgrade computer software. Customer Service is a key part of the job role as you will deal with clients on a day to day basis.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of: This is a great opportunity to work within a fast paced, dynamic environment. Working in a small team you will support colleagues and customers with IT support.
- Be the first point of contract for all Helpdesk calls
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls and support tickets through numerous channels of communication including email, telephone, internal requests and automated alerts.
- Setting up new user accounts and password resets in a Microsoft environment.
- Remotely diagnose and troubleshoot workstations, laptops, printers, VOIP telephones, mobiles, VPN and various software packages
- Performing daily checks, updates and maintenance to maximise the performance and availability of infrastructure and applications within the business
- Escalate relevant and more complex work to other members of the IT team
- Working with 3rd party vendors to resolve 3rd line issues
- Working with external customers and setting up IT systems from scratch including, equipment networks and servers
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Managing Networks for customers sometimes on site and sometimes off site
- Help with designing new spec systems for external customers
- Hardware firewalls and router configuration
- Endpoint protection technologies
- Network protocols and firewall protection
- Network security
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
You must be passionate about IT and have skills in Customer Service as you will be working with customers often.
- Keen interest and personal experience in IT hardware / systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Determined and thorough in working practices
- Analytically minded
- Problem Solver
- Excellent Telephone Manner
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 Desktop Operational Knowledge
- Microsoft Server Operational Knowledge
- Microsoft Office Applications Operational Knowledge
- Malware identification and removal
- Basic IP Networking & Troubleshooting
- Computer OS Installation / Upgrades
- Remote Software Installation / Software Patching
- Switch Configuration Changes.
- Hardware Fault Diagnosis
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Network Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network Principles
- Network Systems & Architecture
- Network Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.