Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 40hours
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Established in November 2015, this company includes small animal, equine and farm animal practices. They have more than 4,600 employees working in over 400 sites across the UK and from our headquarters in York. This company provide centralised support tailored to individual practice requirements in areas such as operations, HR, finance, IT, purchasing and marketing.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician with a company based in York.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Co-ordinator, the core focus of this role is to provide support to our business users through the full lifecycle of IT support tickets while learning the core competencies and experience you will need to develop your skills on your apprenticeship. Working alongside the Service Delivery Manager, Service Delivery Co-ordinator, Support Technician, and third parties you will support users after they join the growing group – this will involve working on projects to build up your apprenticeship portfolio and personal skills. The role will involve working on several concurrent support requests as well as assisting the IT support team both in the York offices and in our practice sites – this will provide the real-world experience that a Full education course can’t provide you. It is essential that you are comfortable working with cross-functional teams at all levels and can communicate well to non- technical individuals.
The role sits within a fast-moving business based in York but may require infrequent travel to sites across the UK, such as visiting one of our sites during a conversion from their old system to our systems, this will provide exposure and experience to many things such as changes in networking, software training and hardware installations.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
To provide support for end users across the business contacting the IT Helpdesk:
- Provide head office face to face support
- Work onsite in local practices
- Remote support of users
- Provide back up for the Service Delivery Co-ordinator if required e.g. holiday cover
- Pro-actively suggest improvements which could enhance the user experience within practices.
- Ensure that requests for assistance from colleagues are responded to in a pleasant, courteous manner. Work with technical teams to ensure that services are being delivered to meet the expectations and standards of the Group
Additionally, the Infrastructure Apprentice needs to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organisation in relation to IT support.
- Ability to assist with the analysis and resolution of complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative.
Additional beneficial Competencies: –
- Customer Service skills and a pleasant, courteous manner
- Experience working in IT service delivery
- Knowledge of:
- Office 365
- Microsoft Office Applications
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
No specific technical skills required apart from a passion for IT. Basic knowledge of networking, Microsoft and Windows OS not essential but would be advantageous. All training provided.
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly both face to face and over the phone
- Good organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work within the team and assists others where required to achieve a common goal
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.