Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
IT Support Apprentice
37.5 Hours per week
£16,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a global leader of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services for the commercial real estate industry
The commercial real estate industry is not the same as it was yesterday. Today’s professionals face a host of challenges: disruptive business models, globalization, the demand for accelerated transactions, increased transparency – all combined with significant regulatory pressures.
That’s where we come in. We are a trusted partner to the CRE industry, driving change through innovative solutions and expert advice. Our multi-disciplined team of professionals has the experience and insights to empower clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Support apprentice with a company
based in Manchester.
You will be working in a collaborative IT team who are responsible for the delivery of IT services
to a growing workforce. As an Apprentice IT Support apprentice, you will be delivering desktop support to customers and colleagues.
(but also other locations, usually remotely) and helping them overcome day to day IT issues to
ensure that we deliver an excellent service to our staff, partners and customers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Work with clients to understand details of faults
- Resolving faults and explaining to the client the work you have carried out
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Fixing and maintaining equipment such as printers, laptops, PC’s and tablets
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices
- Recording problems within CRM systems so that task histories can be reviewed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Identify the need for system and equipment updates
- To co-ordinate and provide prioritised technical support and advice to clients
- To assist in the design, implementation and configuration of IT systems at client sites
- To ensure adequate arrangements are in place for the security of data, systems and hardware
- To respond without delay to clients IT needs and issues
- To successfully complete relevant college training and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly sometimes outside of core hours, in response to service demands
- To manage time effectively and achieve targets and deadlines
- To maintain an awareness of new and innovative technologies
- To perform such other tasks as may reasonably be required by the company Directors
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company Equal Opportunities Policy
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of, or exposure to, user IT infrastructure: Windows environments (Windows 10), PC/laptop/printer/phones/peripheral hardware and networking component (routers/switches/access points) and Chromebooks
- Basic networking experience
- Strong IT problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- With an enthusiasm for IT, you will have a confident and outgoing personality, able to communicate simply and effectively to all members of staff
- Articulate with good written and verbal communication skills, you are able to convey technical information to non-technical people
- Keen attention to detail
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Hardworking and Proactive
- Keenness to learn and develop within the role.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.