Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Salary: £4.15 – £5.00 per hour dependant on experience
Hours 8:30am – 5:30pm Mon – Fri
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company: This company are a specialist provider of office and production print equipment throughout the UK. Working with sole traders through to large PLC’s.
Job description: We are looking for an apprentice 1st line support engineer / Photocopier Engineer.
Your main duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting
- Diagnosing hardware issues
- Strip, clean and repair equipment as requested by your supervisor
- Ensure relevant paperwork is always kept up to date
- Progress reported to your supervisor regularly and any problems affecting the timeline are reported immediately
- Assist on equipment installation when required whilst upholding Company core values
- Remotely assist customers issues and support.
- Adding print drivers to Apple Macs, Computers and Laptops
- Scanning and resolving failures reported
- Fix blocked servers
- Performing hardware installations offsite with other Engineers
Other key responsibilities:
- Prepare and repair equipment in a cost effect and efficient manner on behalf of the Company to a high level of workmanship
- Monitor and maintain any items such as protective equipment and cleaning apparatus to the standard and level in which they were provided
- To work and always conduct yourself in a safe manner to ensure the protection and safety of yourself and others in your daily duties in accordance with Companies health and safety policies
- Take ownership of tasks allocated to you in a quick and courteous manner, ensuring Company targets are met
- Manage your personal and Companies time effectively whilst performing your daily duties
- Ensure paperwork; be it electronic or manual is kept updated and complete within the standards and timescales outlined by management
- Ensure the correct Company procedures and guidelines are followed when using equipment in conjunction with Company health and safety policies
- To report issues and situations which may affect the Companies daily operations and procedures, such as absence or accidents so they can be recorded and monitored effectively and promptly with the specified timescales to the appropriate manager
- Report to management any changes in your personal circumstances which may affect your daily duties performed for the Company
- Prepare / repair office equipment to a high level of workmanship and competency
- Have a good understanding and keen interest in IT
- Follow service department and health and safety procedures and share new and existing best practices with colleagues
Key behaviors and skills:
Honesty Results Driven Confident
Team Player Lead by Example Observant
Self-motivated Committed Dexterity
Flexibility Proactive Influential
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (must include English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Networking & Architecture
- Business Process
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- COMP TIA A+
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.