Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
IT Support Technician
Location: Barking, Essex
Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
Based on Experience: £10,000 – 13,500
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company have been operating for 30 years and have an average client retention of 97%. Our business is centred around each of our customers providing them with seamless IT Support and Managed Services. As our customers get larger and our customer base increases, we are looking to key team members to help drive the business forward. We offer a work hard, play hard environment and a friendly, close-knit team.
Our accelerating growth means we are now renovating our brand-new bigger office in Loughton. We expect to move there in early 2021!
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician with an IT company based in Barking, Essex.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To work as part of the support team, providing telephone and remote support to our varied customer base
- To build, configure and install computers/laptops & peripherals including tablet/mobile devices as required
- To administer active directory, Office365 and various antivirus console systems
- To monitor, configure internet routers and firewalls
- Liaise with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact.
- Ticketing, monitoring and tracking Incidents, requests or problems, escalating where necessary to 2nd line and 3rd line.
- Provide clear, professional customer service & support to customers on the phone and remotely
- Manage supplier and customer deliveries via couriers
- Maintain in house stock room, deliveries, stock control
- Maintain in house workshop, keeping place tidy, organised and efficient
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- You should be able to do most of the below:
- An avid and detailed interest in IT and computing from school or college
- Hands on experience with Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10 and Windows Server (ideally)
- Hands on experience in both using and installing Microsoft Office and other programs
- Hands on experience Active Directory, Local Users and Profiles
- Understanding of how to use a Windows computer, copying, pasting, installing programs and configuration of devices such as printers, scanners, cameras.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, routers and IP switches
- Hands on experience of Android devices and iOS devices (phones and tablets)
- Good experience with Chrome, Internet Explorer web browsers
- Ability to install/upgrade components in desktop/laptops, knowledge of hard drives, memory, processors and graphics cards
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Drive, energy and initiative
- Willingness to learn and develop your technology skills
- Confident communicator on the phone and on email
- Punctual, presentable, smart & confident
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
- Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships with third parties
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports and emails
- Willing to step up and work to the ethos of the company, representing the company
- Annual performance-based bonus
- 28 days annual leave
- Company social weekends
- Monthly team lunch
- Weekly team drinks
- Casual dress
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.