Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
IT Support Technician
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a group of restaurants based in Leeds, Bradford , Birmingham & London with their headoffice being in Bradford.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Support Technician with a group of restaurants , based in Bradford.
The role is to assist the IT Implementation Manager in day to day IT operations and provide 1st and ideally some 2nd line technical support to all Corporate staff, both internally and remotely. The team monitors and maintains IT and network operations across 6 sites in the United Kingdom with over 400+ employees: with plans for further expansion in and beyond 2020.
The successful applicant will require excellent problem solving and analytical skills, evidenced via previous work experience or technical / qualifications. You will also need a positive approach to new problems and be flexible and adaptable in providing to the business as required. Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team, to develop new technical efficiencies and solutions to the business is essential.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Perform troubleshooting with end users via telephone, remote control and in person.
- Take ownership of technical problems reported via the support process and see through to a quick resolution.
- Install and maintain end user computing equipment i.e desktop, laptop and mobiles.
- Create, maintain and update working documents such as asset/license registers, inventory documents and mobile phone lists.
- Implementation and application of IT governance at various internal sites.
- Assist in creating standard operating process in line with ITIL framework.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of, or exposure to, user IT infrastructure: Windows environments (Windows 10), PC/laptop/printer/phones/peripheral hardware and networking component (routers/switches/access points) and Chromebooks
- Basic networking experience
- Strong IT problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Understanding of security concepts such as the principle of least privilege and access control to ensure company & customer data remains secure
- With an enthusiasm for IT, you will have a confident and outgoing personality, able to communicate simply and effectively to all members of staff
- Articulate with good written and verbal communication skills, you are able to convey technical information to non-technical people
- Keen attention to detail
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Hardworking and Proactive
- Keenness to learn and develop within the role.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.ec