Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Support & Network Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 40
Salary: £4.15 – £5 an hour, depending on experience.
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company exist to offer the world’s best range of secure equipment storage, charging and management lockers to organisations, institutions, and businesses across the globe.
Designed and manufactured 100% in the United Kingdom using only the best components and the most secure hardware available, the innovative this companies locker systems can be trusted to bring safety, security, time saving and an enhanced experience to all who use them.
Brief job description:
The role will consist of helpdesk and customer support, plus networking input on projects. You will be supporting customers with any software, hardware, or network challenges that they may be experiencing whilst also supporting the production team in house with new installations that may have advanced network requirements. You will be speaking with customers over the phone, via email and on site – so great customer service and superb written skills are important. You will also be updating helpdesk ticket systems and completing tasks agreed with your colleagues.
This is a great opportunity to work within a fast paced, dynamic environment as part of one of Birmingham’s most exciting tech start-ups. Working in a small team you will support colleagues and customers with IT and network support.
Daily tasks will include:
- Answering inbound support telephone calls and offering the required support to customers
- Monitoring and updating the Helpdesk Ticket system
- Being responsible for your personal ticket queue, ticket and customer updates and completing tasks in line with customer SLA’s
- Ensuring all information is logged and explained clearly to clients
- Writing detailed and grammatically correct explanatory notes of conversations to ensure that all information is recorded on the Helpdesk system
- Being aware of other jobs and projects within the helpdesk system
- Responsibly escalating jobs to appropriate staff members
- Confidently providing customer service over the phone, via email and on site
- Contacting clients within appropriate timescales to meet SLA’s and ticket response times
- Being able to effectively listen to and understand client issues, noting key information and interpreting customers needs correctly
- Promoting a “Can Do” attitude, showing the ability to look to find solutions, not problems
- Maintaining a tidy and safe office, desk, and work environment
- Taking action on requests verbally from clients and managers
- Completing customer locker system back-ups, updates and checks
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
- A good knowledge of general IT, with a sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Software and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to think logically and have good problem-solving skills
- A customer centric approach
- The ability to prioritise workload
- A deep understanding of both PC hardware and software
- A good understanding of networking and configuration
- Pays attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.