Title: IT Support Specialist
Weekly Hours Worked: 40 hours per week
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a magnificent 18th century residence set within 8000 acres of breathtaking landscape in the Howardian Hills, an area of outstanding natural beauty in the heart of North Yorkshire. Located 15 miles from the historical city of York; with world-renowned collections, stunning architecture, idyllic gardens and a year round events calendar this company is an inspirational environment to be part of and bring visitors to.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice with a company in North Yorkshire.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Support the IT Manager in the management of systems to ensure that key networking and user services are always available, including the telephone system
- Investigate and resolve IT support issues, problem situations etc.
- Assist the IT Manager in the analysis of user problems and proactively research and implement appropriate changes to reduce the incidence of recurring user problems
- Provide telephone support to the IT helpline
- In the absence of the IT Manager, liaise with external support specialists to resolve outstanding problems and follow up to successful and timely completion
- Provide appropriate user training to maximise the benefit derived from IT systems
- Ensure the appropriate records and system documentation are kept up to date and properly filed
- Perform installation, configuration & maintenance of computer hardware related equipment
- Maintain records of software licenses
- Manage stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
- Oversee the procedures, security and issue of IT resources for new starters and leavers
- Deploy and monitor Wireless Access Points
- Support the resolution of problems with the Merac EPOS system
- Ensure compliance with customer/employee confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Provide mobile till support for events
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the IT Manager.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems, networking, configuration, applications, hardware and software
- A working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems
- A knowledge of Active Directory
- Familiarity with Basic Linux Administration
- Ability to solve problems
- Good organisation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Communicate well with others at all levels in a helpful and professional manner
- Driving License required
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.