Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title – IT Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked – Mon Fri 9-5.30pm
Salary – Meets NMW
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We started as an independent, family run business with only one single branch on Pontefract Road near the town centre of Barnsley. Through the dedication, commitment and hard-work of our colleagues, we have grown vastly and now we represent some of the world’s leading brands such as Hyundai, NISSAN, SEAT, Fiat/Abarth, Renault/Dacia and MG at our Prestige Dealership in Wakefield.
As we have grown, we have got better at all aspects of what we do to serve your motoring needs. Our growth has not affected our purpose; we are here to help you get the best possible deal on your next car and by putting a smile on your face by going that extra mile to help you where we can.
Over all of our branches we have staff that are trained to the highest of standards and have been hand-picked by our recruitment team based on knowledge and personality meaning that you will receive the best possible buying experience you can.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Apprentice with a Family Run Car Dealership company based in Wakefield.
We are looking for an aspiring IT apprentice to join our IT team and work under the senior engineers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Resolving staff issues with software or hardware, often working in co-operation with external technology suppliers (e.g. ADP, Reef, VHC – no specific experience required) to fix issues as they arise.
- Access control – create new user accounts, add email addresses, provide HR software accounts and ensures all PC users have correct software and permissions.
- Help co-ordinate the Service Desk.
- Maintain/replace IT equipment; including printers, fax machines, PCs, laptops, tablets, phones, telecoms and network equipment.
- Work with our telephone line provider, Telesis, to keep the phone system up to date with the correct call groups and extensions.
- Troubleshoot network errors to make sure routers, switches and WiFi extenders all work.
- Lay network cables and patch them into the comms cabinet, keeping cabling tidy and accessible.
- Assist with the improvement and upgrade of our IT/network infrastructure over time.
Exposure to Online Marketing (with training/support from IT Manager/Digital Manager):
- Email marketing (using Mailchimp).
- Contribute to the design of mailers and marketing letters to go to print.
- Support large scale text campaigns using business SMS services.
- Experience using:
- Google Adwords.
- Google Analytics.
- Facebook Advertising (creating/adding post; monitoring/managing ad spend).
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills Required And Personal Qualities:
- A committed team player.
- A passion for IT and using computers
- Able to work to your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A self-motivated and pro-active individual.
- A highly professional adaptable & reliable individual capable of remaining calm, logical & focused.
- A hard-working team player, capable of working under pressure without compromising the standard of their work.
- A confident individual who is able to communicate with people at all levels of the firm via all communication mediums.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.