Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Working Hours: 37.5 hours p/w
Salary: £4.15 p/h
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company provides IT support contracts to small and medium businesses across Swindon and the South West. We have been supporting local businesses since 2004 with our main ethos geared towards helping businesses make the most from IT. Providing our clients with unlimited remote, email and telephone support for a fixed monthly fee. A personal service comes as standard as we pride ourselves on knowing each client individually and tailoring our service to their needs
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with a IT company based in Swindon, Wiltshire.
We are looking for a bright, outgoing individual who enjoys IT not only as a career but also as a hobby. The ideal candidate must be able to engage in conversation with our clients in a professional manner in an upbeat, personal way. IT skills are paramount but maintaining and developing our client relationships are essential, therefore we are looking for someone who is a people person. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner and capable of using initiative to solve problems. Our ideal employee would also have a keen interest in helping to grow the business.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Escalating IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Responsible for monitoring backups
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues on PC’s, Laptops, Printers and Basic Network Infrastructure
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by your line manager
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft Desktops and Microsoft Office 365 Administration
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops to Customers Specification’s
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring best practices in terms of Security and Upgrades to desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Offer Pro-Active Support to Client Devices and Monitor Systems for problems
- Reporting faults and resolutions on servers, desktops, and laptops
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with client requirements
- Provide marketing support to help grow the business through social media
- Provide both onsite and off-site support
- Liaising with 3rd Party Support Companies such as Sage, Microsoft, Bitdefender, etc.
- Creating User Friendly Guides and Instructions for Users and their Systems
- Answer Support Calls in a Timely Manor and Log detailed Support Requests from said calls
- Deal with Support Requests in a Timely Manor to ensure SLA’s are followed
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT manager
- Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Providing assistance as required to the IT manager
- Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Data entry on QuickBooks
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- IT enthusiast
- Forward/progressive thinking
- Excellent communication skills
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.