Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
IT Support Apprentice
9am – 5:30pm Mon to Friday
£12,000 per year – could increase dependant on experience
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company provide wrap around support and hosting for our clients who depend on a broad range of legal and accountancy applications. We liaise regularly with their application vendors for platform/data migrations, new hosting requirements and performance/productivity enhancements so you can be confident we have the contacts and expertise to support you and achieve the best performance and results.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Support Apprentice with a company based in Sheffield. As IT Support Engineer you will work effectively as a member of the Service team to ensure Customer enquiries receive an effective and timely response in line with Company service level targets and goals.
You will provide documentation for new processes in order to improve Company best practice. Working closely with other Company departments you will provide products and services in line with Customer requirements and specifications.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Individual ticket management, responding to clients in line with Company ticket closure targets and Company interaction goals
- Provide effective customer service by telephone, email and attending customer sites UK wide
- Act as first point of contact for all customer enquiries into the business and signpost to appropriate team
- Contribute effectively to building process documentation where a system change is identified in order to contribute to Company best practice and provide business continuity
- Provide excellent customer service by striving for positive customer feedback including satisfaction survey results, ticket closure rates and ticket public updates
- Liaise effectively with team members and other Company departments in order to triage and progress alarms (both system and backup) and tickets effectively and escalate concerns as appropriate.
- Identify customer update needs and respond effectively to maintain excellent service levels
- Commission new products in line with customer requirements and deliver to customer site providing informative handovers
- Attend weekly team meeting and provide operational updates as and when required in line with business need
- Assist with project delivery and ‘go live’ procedures as directed by project team
- Provide meaningful performance overviews and flag training needs to line manager as and when required in order to progress development and skillset of self and team
- On occasion, be willing to be flexible regarding the start and finish times to meet particular, foreseen or unforeseen work.
- Provide 1st level support and troubleshooting problems for internal users to include monitoring and troubleshooting systems
- Assist with general IT related administration and support
- Effectively record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level
- Review existing processes to streamline daily operations
- Manage office hardware
- Securely operate across various platforms
- Ability to identify and flag priority issues
Personal skills and qualities:
- Experience in Service team environment desired
- Customer service experience
- Highly adaptable
- Ability to manage changing demands and work calmly under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solving ability
- Customer focused
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.