Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Title: 3 X IT Support Agents
Salary: £6 to £8 depending on experience
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Made to measure, made simple is what we’re all about.
We were the first specialist online blinds retailer, starting out way back in 2000, and since then we’ve grown beyond all recognition. With such a long time in the game comes a wealth of experience that we use to ensure we deliver the best customer experience possible from start to finish. We’re incredibly proud to have covered over 5 million windows in the UK since we started. According to our calculations we reckon that means there’s probably one of our blinds or curtains in every street in the land.
We are an inclusive employer and rely on diversity to deliver our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The company comprises of four companies
- Web Blinds
- Blinds Online (Australia)
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for 3 x IT Support Agents to help to support the Contact Centre and it’s an exciting time to join us as we continue to grow from strength to strength.
As the first point of contact for our managers and employees alike, you’ll be the face of the company and a strong influencer. With excellent skills, you will be able to build rapport easily and offer 1st time resolution. Our ambitious plans for growth allow you to really make a role your own, shaping your career path and progression.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that’s proud of its great people – we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share the success.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Dealing with software processes to maintain efficient day to day running of the systems
- Writing/testing specific processes
- Integrate our systems with third party systems
- Maintenance and improvement of custom-built software to link with third parties
- Upgrading current back-office systems to improve accuracy, robustness and efficiency
- Support the business with hardware and software issues
- Be available to assist with out of hours “on call” to fix urgent issues
- Support the Head Operations Programmer
- Technical analysis and advice, eg on purchasing decisions
- Proactive testing and checking key indicators to ensure smooth running of systems
- Data Cleansing
- Creation of new users in Active Directory
- Assignment of relevant groups/permissions
- Create new users in back-office systems
- Maintain email accounts for users
- Create and maintain user pbx records
- Set up and maintain new PCs
- Manage software updates, eg Windows
- 1st level support for antivirus software
- Set up and manage phones and extensions
- Responsible for the Asset register
- Support printers and consumables
- Manage networking (routers, switches. cabling, wifi) for call centre
- System configuration
- Email templates
- System folders
- Primary responsibility for ticketing system
- First line support
- Responsible for escalating to dev team
- Responsible for closing tickets
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Task Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Care/Service
- Good verbal and written skills
- Planning and Organising
- Good Communication skills
- An analytical & enquiring mind
- Ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge accordingly
Benefits from the employer – What you’ll get:
- Full- time, permanent
- Salary: (dependant on experience)
- Call out allowance
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company Pension
- Access to Perkbox (discount schemes with many specific outlets)
- Free parking and public transport easily accessible
- Free Tea and Coffee
- Causal dress code
- Generous staff product discount scheme
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.