Level 3 Infrastructure Technician or IT Solutions Technician
Title: IT Support Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £12,000 per annum
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company is a creative multidisciplinary engineering practice comprising structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and public health engineers with offices in London, Birmingham and Bristol. It prides itself on its close collaboration with architects to achieve intelligent, innovative structures and its large portfolio spanning from arts to aviation, prototyping to housing, and inflatables to loadbearing stone.
We have won numerous competitions and awards for our work including Construction News’ Award for Construction Consultant of the Year and Building Magazine’s Award for Engineering Consultant of the Year in 2018.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have a very exciting new opportunity for a IT Support Apprentice with an engineering company based in London
The IT Support Apprentice works closely with the Infrastructure Manager to ensure ongoing first-class IT Support to all staff, but also to assist in developing the internal IT to support the business as they grow and evolve.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Supporting all staff in all office locations, both onsite and remotely. So a driving license is essential.
- Building and deploying new PC’s, Laptops and IT Infrastructure
- Asset and Inventory management
- Carrying out systems backups, maintenance, and housekeeping tasks
- Assisting in ensuring security is maintained across end users devices and infrastructure
- Small to medium IT projects as required\instructed
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Base understanding of cloud computing
- Exposure to any scripting or programming languages desirable, but not essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (7/8/10) and Microsoft Office
- Driving license required with transport
- Personal qualities:
- A genuine passion for technology and computing
- Methodical and thorough, with strong organisational skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Able to correctly follow (and generate) process documentation
- Ability to build good working relationships
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.