Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 09:00-5:30
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
It is a “Virtual Private Network” with a difference – it is far safer for children to access than any other service available.
It’s a Cloud service designed from the ground up to be a safe haven for all children to surf the web, use childrens apps and effectively without adverts and lower risks of accidentally seeing something they do not want/should not see. It age-restricts YouTube content.
For parents, grandparents etc it removes the need for setting up complex “Parental Controls” as the Cloud service does this all for you but feel free to continue to use in-app or on-device parental controls for added peace of mind.
- Repair, build, upgrade and support computer related equipment including mobiles, tablets, laptops, desktops, printers, cameras etc in a mixed and varied Apple, Windows, Chrome OS, iOS or Android operating system environment
- Backup devices
- Install software and configure using available tools, in support of customers’ requirements
- Ad-hoc Computer related tasks such as Customer Support & Training
- On-site customer work may be required on an ad-hoc basis with expenses paid to and from site
- Remote Support for Users PCs and Servers
- Offer first and second-line support to customers over the phone and using remote
- management tools
- Escalate issues to engineers where necessary if the technical issue cannot be resolved over the telephone
- Sales and service of IT related equipment and services
- Managing stock
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Friendly, confident, and eager to learn.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.