Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Support Apprentice
Full Address: Studio 1 Cross York Street Studios, Cross York St, Leeds LS2 7BL
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours
Mondays to Thursdays 9.00am to 5.30pm. Fridays 5pm finish.
Salary: £5 per hour
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Ponderosa is an ambitious digital inspired brand communications agency. They work closely with their clients to define their proposition and place in the market, and then have the skills and experience in-house to bring the campaign alive in any channel – from a TV ad to a Tweet!
Estio Training has an exciting opportunity for an IT Technician with Ponderosa Agency. Ponderosa have a current team of 52 people and due to continued growth, they are looking for a hands-on individual with a passion for IT to be part of their support team. Working closely with the Development Director, you will work towards being the daily ‘go to’ person for all internal IT queries, using your initiative, technical know-how and curiosity to learn. The role gives the scope to grow, and to take on additional responsibilities, making the role your own as you progress.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Providing 1st and 2nd line technical support; answering daily support queries, troubleshooting support with Hardware / Software installations. (on site, emails and by phone)
• To support the Development Director in their workload and to free them up to enable work to progress with clients and develop new business,
• To maintain a high degree of service for all support queries and adhere to all service management/IT principles,
• Take ownership of user faults, investigating issues concerning machines crashing or slow performance and finding resolutions,
• Assisting staff who are unable to access office resources from home,
• Efficiently coordinating the technical set up for all new starters, including configuring laptops
• Upgrading software, working with routers, gateways and access WIFI access points and re- routing the office telephone system as required,
• Maintaining licenses for all business software e.g. Office 365, Adobe creative suite, anti-virus software, password vaults.
• Logging every fault and request by working with and developing the logging system,
• Prioritising and reprioritising issues to ensure teams can continue working with minimal interruptions,
• Arrange for external, third party, technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
• Summarising info and providing reports to Managers and where applicable the senior team to spot trends and identify changes to processes where applicable,
• Observe and maintain confidentiality in relation to all correspondence and communications.
• Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary advice and appropriate level of support.
• Follow and adhere to all the appropriate, documented procedures for all repeatable tasks.
• Establishing new processes and systems to support efficiency in operations and use of time.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Task Management: organised, with the ability to adapt to priorities in a fast- paced business,
• Problem Solving: logical thought processes, remaining calm and seeing things through,
• Relationship building good at building rapport across all levels of the business
• Customer Care/Service: helpful, approachable, cooperative and a desire to support,
• Good verbal and written skills
• Hands-on role, where every day is different, and solutions have to be found
The role offers the opportunity to progress into a permanent position on successful completion of the apprenticeship and to continue professional and personal progression.
• 23 days holiday + your birthday and bank holidays (rising to 25 days + your birthday after 2 years service)
• A contributory pension scheme
• Annual bonus scheme (conditions apply)
• Perkbox membership with access to lifestyle discounts
• A healthcare cash plan membership (Sovereign Health Care)
• A discounted travel scheme (Northern Rail or M-Card)
• Regular performance reviews and feedback
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship programme.