Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 09:00-5:30
Salary: £5.15 per hour
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Founded in 1991, this company is a well-established manufacturer and supplier of Plastic Building and Plumbing systems to the UK construction sector. The company originally specialised in Roofline products with an extensive range of Rainwater systems and PVC-UE Cellular Foam Fascia, Soffit & Cladding systems that provide maintenance free solutions to both domestic and commercial buildings. In addition, the Company has over many years developed an extensive range of Waste, Soil, Underground Drainage and Hot & Cold plumbing systems, which it supplies to Builders and Plumbers Merchants, Groups and DIY outlets.
- General IT Administration (setting up new users and implementing any changes as necessary)
- Provide the ‘first point of call’ service for the IT Helpdesk
- Provide high quality, 1st line technical support for the IT service desk; recording all calls and activities within the service desk tool
- Assist the team in undertaking day to day maintenance of printers, end user devices and core systems
- Update IT equipment and maintain the asset register
- Provide assistance with IT project work
- Support new users with the setting up of new and recycled technology
- Ensure that all policies for e-safety, acceptable use, social media and security are complied with at all time, where necessary escalate issues as required
- Follow and support standard operating processes and policies at all time
- Assist in identifying and sharing opportunities for service improvement or development of new IT systems and services
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- To understand work instructions to complete the given task efficiently.
- To ensure that the level of housekeeping in the department is maintained at a high standard at all times.
- To have a flexible approach to the job and be willing to cover for other team members when required.
- To cover for sickness and holiday periods when requested.
- To work overtime if required in order to meet demands.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- To show self determination to drive up the quality of the service provided.
- To inform your Manager of any health and safety issues that require attention.
- To keep your Manager informed of any problems with systems/equipment that require attention.
- Attendance and time keeping is of paramount importance.
- It is important to inform the company if you are unable to attend work.
- To comply with all aspects of Health and Safety to include accident/near miss reporting.
- To ensure that all PPE provided is used in accordance with training and H&S procedures.
- To comply with the requests of Managers and the Directors of the company at all times.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Friendly, confident, and eager to learn.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.