Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Working Hours: 35 hours p/w
Salary: £13k p/a
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company provides IT support contracts to small and medium businesses across London and the United Kingdom. We have been supporting local businesses since 2003 with our main ethos geared towards helping businesses make the most from IT. Providing our clients with unlimited remote, email and telephone support for a fixed monthly fee. A personal service comes as standard as we pride ourselves on knowing each client individually and tailoring our service to their needs. In 2015, this company moved to Limited Company Status and are now looking to grow our team.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with an IT company based in Bayswater, London.
We are looking for a bright, outgoing individual who enjoys IT not only as a career but also as a hobby. The ideal candidate must be able to engage in conversation with our clients in a professional manner in an upbeat personal way. IT skills are paramount but maintaining and developing our client relationships are essential, therefore we are looking for someone who is a people person. We’re looking for someone who is a quick learner and capable of using initiative to solve problems. Our ideal employee would also have a keen interest in helping to grow the business.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
- Responsible for managing backups
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues on PC’s, Macs and Servers
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by your line manager
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft and Linux Server/Desktops and Microsoft Exchange
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Patching of network and phones
- Making of Cat 5 e network cables were necessary
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Setting up and configuring new client servers
- Installing authorised software to client servers
- Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to client servers
- Fault finding on client servers
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes using Exchange onsite and 365.
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with client requirements
- Provide marketing support to help grow the business through social media web design and cold calling etc.
- Provide both onsite and off-site support
- Preparing documents, meeting materials and correspondence
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT manager
- Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Providing assistance as required to the IT manager
- Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Data entry on QuickBooks
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- We require a minimum grade of A-C in GCSE in English, Maths & Science.
- Ideally, you will also hold a relevant IT Qualification such as a HND or above or an industry specific qualification such as MCSE or A+.
- IT enthusiast
- Forward/progressive thinking
- Excellent communication skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.