Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
IT Support Apprentice
37.5 hours per week
£12,000 per annum
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a national, full building envelope contractor, specialising in roofing, cladding, glazing and maintenance across a diverse range of sectors. The company has been running for over 40 years and has been involved in a numerous high-profile construction projects.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Apprentice with a Construction Company based in Altrincham.
With an intermediate knowledge of IT, you will be expected to assist and support the Business IT Function whilst expanding your knowledge of different technologies used within our industry and business. Working as part of a team building and testing networks distributed remotely throughout the UK, this is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a broad range of core IT skills.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Be the first point of contact for all Helpdesk calls
- Supporting end-users day-to-day by managing our internal helpdesk system and resolving and escalating tickets
- Provisioning, repairing, and maintaining hardware
- Maintaining accurate asset information
- Build and Test Networks
- To assist with all aspects of duties which fall under the remit of the IT Department as and when required
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Intermediate IT knowledge and skills essential. Knowledge of Microsoft and Autodesk technologies would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Specific Microsoft technologies to include Windows 10, Office 2016/2019
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Self-motivation to problem solve support issues within the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels both within the Company and externally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical information in user-friendly terms to colleagues with varying levels of IT knowledge and skill
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.