Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Support Analyst Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 Hours
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website – we are still growing. As a company we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
The primary responsibility of the IT Support Analyst is to resolve incidents raised to the IT Support Desk, providing support to stores, warehouses and office users. These incidents are raised via the different mediums of telephone, email, online web portal and face to face. Not every call is the same and you will be dealing with a variety of issues whether they be hardware, software, networking or others, you are required to be adaptable and quick thinking to get you through incident to incident. As we are a retail business, you will find a variety of technologies such as Point of Sale systems, Handheld Scanners, Printers, Routers, Switches and many more.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- A Basic understanding of networks (TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, ADSL etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows Administrative Tools (ADDS, DNS, DHCP, Print Management etc.)
- An understanding of Microsoft Applications and Operating Systems (including Office 365, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7 – 10)
- Good troubleshooting skills
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Although not essential exposure to the below would be beneficial to your application:
- Troubleshooting Cisco networking equipment such as switches, routers and access points
- Administering Windows Domain (ADDS,DNS,DHCP etc.)
- SQL querying against Oracle or MS SQL databases
- Citrix environment (XENAPP 7.6)
- PowerShell skills (Scripting / Applications)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SCCM, SCOM etc.
- Recognised Industry Technical Qualifications
- Full UK Driving License (Beneficial but not a requirement)
- The ability to converse in another European language such as French, Flemish, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese or German would be an advantage
- Great communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- The right attitude to progress your IT Career
- An eagerness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.