Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
IT Solutions Technician
S2S Electronics Ltd, Unit 3 Farfield Park, Manvers Way, Wath upon Dearne, Rotherham S63 5DB
Monday to Friday (8.00am-5.00pm)
Wage: £5.50 per hour
Please contact Tom Crossland on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
At S2S our mission is to protect our clients’ data and reputation at all costs by eliminating information security risks associated with data bearing IT assets. E-waste is becoming the world’s fastest-growing waste stream with 40 million tonnes ending up in landfill each year. We believe we can change that statistic. Our IT Asset Recovery and Disposal services help businesses to securely and safely dispose of end-of-life tech, encouraging the move towards a more sustainable future.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician with S2S Group based Rotheram
As an S2S Technical Apprentice you will be directly managed by the Technical Supervisor and will work alongside a team of IT Technicians in a busy warehouse environment.
You’ll have a keen interest in IT and must be self-motivated, efficient and well organised with a great eye for detail. You’ll be IT literate and educated to at least GSCE Grade A-C level in both English and Maths. Your duties will include testing and repairing hardware, administrative duties, stock management including the picking, packing and dispatching of stock and accessories, use of a software diagnostics package for the testing of IT assets and general warehousing duties. You will learn how to process devices by completing internal testing procedures to ensure all assets are tested to the highest standard and are cleansed of data before being re-dispatched. You will receive full in-house training in all company policies and procedures and in the use of the companies bespoke Software Packages.
Technical Apprenticeship Key Responsibilities:
• Managing stock levels and ensuring you are being productive daily
• Maintain records/logs of incoming and outgoing shipments including managing Excel spreadsheets
• Stock control of IT assets and accessories
• Manifesting of electronic devices into a bespoke tracking system
• Diagnostics and troubleshooting
• Using approved erasure software to wipe all sensitive information
• Follow directions from the head technician and management
• Ensure that you comply with all Health & Safety procedures and internal policies
• Testing and Repairing hardware
Technical Apprenticeship Key Skills and Knowledge:
• Energetic and proactive with a positive, can-do and friendly personality
• Ability to work in a fast paced, pressurised environment
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
• Ability to manage large stock volumes to ensure all stock levels are 100% correct
• Ability to use web-based software packages
• Ability to use all Microsoft Applications including Excel and Access
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 3 IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship programme.