Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Job title: Solutions Support Analyst
Salary: £16,000 per annum
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Specsavers began more than 35 years ago with the vision of two optometrists, Doug and Mary Perkins, who set out to provide best-value eyecare to everybody. Their passion for optometry has led Specsavers to become the largest privately-owned optical group in the world, delivering high-quality, affordable optical and hearing care in 10 countries. And it continues to shape the lives and experience of around 37,000 colleagues who are developing their careers with us across the globe.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a solutions support analyst with Specsavers within their finance team based at their Nottingham office.
Main Purpose of Role
Responsible for supporting the Finance Solutions Support Leads in providing a high-quality level of Finance Solution Support & Services within the designated Finance functional area and/or geographical area and ensuring these meet the ongoing requirements of the business in line with corporate vision, strategy and statutory requirements. Provide technical support for teams on initiatives to troubleshooting problems, responding to business requests, support & manage technical changes, develop systems designs, developing and testing of technical solutions.
Works closely with other members of the Finance Solutions team, Technology functions, 3rd party vendors and Business areas to deliver & manage changes as well as the ongoing need to streamline / review finance processes to deliver process improvements working in conjunction with Finance Change teams as well as supporting Finance Solutions Leads & or Finance Solutions Support Leads the implementation of any key projects or initiatives.
– Maintenance of Finance Solutions to provide a high quality of service when troubleshooting issues, responding to queries, evaluating solutions & alternatives and ensuring the integrity of data within Solutions.
– Developing Finance solutions utilizing an array of software including, ReconNET a Reconciliations solution, UiPath an Automation tool and the Microsoft automation suite (Power Automate and Power Apps) in accordance with best practices.
– Understanding global finance processes with an eye on efficiency
– Communicating with project stakeholders regarding progress and highlighting risks or issues
– Supporting Finance by investigating and diagnosing technical issues
– Gain a good working knowledge of the current Financial Solutions to be able to act as a liaison between the Financial Department and the IT department regarding technical and maintenance related issues.
– Responsible for building & maintaining relationships with external parties, Technology functions and finance teams to facilitate Support of Solutions & the implementation of changes to support the agreed finance strategy.
– Business Partnering with key Group Finance & Technology stakeholders, creating open communication channels with stakeholders to inform & update, build trust and respect by creating strong relationships.
– Support the Finance Solution Support Lead to manage and support major upgrades to Financial Solutions.
– Support the Finance Solution Support Lead for any Business user queries and in the implementation of upgrades to system products.
– Champions and commits to performing the role within the recognised Specsavers behaviours.
– Support requests for ad-hoc report executions or minor report modifications for business changes.
– Accessing remote systems to carry out development work and troubleshooting which can include working with powershell scripts, installing and/or upgrading application settings or components.
– 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills and Experience
The essential and desirable skills and experience required for the role in order to successfully perform.
A qualified person will demonstrate:
As well as the skills associated with the Key Responsibilities, to be successful in this role you will also need:
– Good communication and collaboration skills are required as this role collaborates and builds effective networks across key Specsavers stakeholders, Technology teams and 3rd party partner to facilitate effective issue resolution & change management solutions.
– Knowledge of system design as this role will require the incumbent to drive problem solving activities and issue resolution.
– Organised & self-motivated with good written & communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms in plain language and a strong attention to detail.
– Good problem-solving skills and an analytical logical mind, with advanced PC Skills including advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and databases (Excel, Access).
– Willingness to expand learning to all areas that may benefit the department.
– Aware of basic accountancy concepts and double entry bookkeeping
These skills can be developed on the job:
– Relevant technical accounting qualification or a willingness to work towards a professional qualification.
– Experience of working in a finance and accounting environment.
– Some previous experience in the delivery of projects.
– Application of Solution lifecycles, e.g. Agile, Six Sigma, DevOps
– Understand Application Programming Interfaces (API) and appropriate use cases
– how to develop, test and implement code following a logical approach and best practices
– Understands and applies software design approaches and patterns and can interpret and implement a given design, compliant with security and maintainability requirements
– Elicit requirements from stakeholders to identify business and user needs
– Identify data requirements relating to business improvement
– Assess the effectiveness of change and identify opportunities to improve outcomes
– Identify and communicate potential risks to the delivery of projects
– Root cause analysis on issues as they occur
– provide a high quality of service when troubleshooting issues, responding to queries, evaluating solutions & alternatives and ensuring the integrity of data within Solutions
– Some previous experience of end-to-end business processes, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Financial system implementations and Process improvement experience.
– Deals effectively with a range of stakeholders using appropriate communication methods to deliver accurate and timely results
– Excellent communication skills and an ability to adjust style and approach to fit differing individual situations
– Problem solving- can apply structured techniques to problem solving, can debug code and can understand the structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
– Good skills in time management, setting priorities, planning and organising own work.
Future Prospects/Our Offer:
Opportunity to progress into a full time role if successful in the apprenticeship.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
– BCS Security and Legislation
– BCS Core Technologies
– BCS Methodologies and Principles
– Hardware or Software Option (MTA)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.