Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Title: IT Solutions Technician
Salary: £12K-14k DOE
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is an innovative printed folding carton manufacturer based in Lancashire. We specialise in bespoke packaging for all market sectors, from initial design concept through to high quality delivered cartons. We are truly passionate about packaging
We work with a wide variety of brands, many of which are household names and so creating the best quality packaging for their products is key to our success. Our teams are focussed and committed to producing top quality products and satisfying customer demand on time every time. You’ll be a valuable addition to our highly skilled team, and we look forward to you bringing in your IT knowledge to help us be even better!
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Solutions Technician apprentice with a company based in Leyland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, analytical, and trustworthy person looking to develop a career within IT.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Development and implement all required IT infrastructure to enable efficient and effective running of the business systems ensuring optimal use at all times in line with business objectives.
- All domain administration (Windows Active Directory) including internet/router access control
- Ensure server back-ups and replication is carried out effectively and in line with an agreed schedule, resolving server issues as necessary
- Source and bring in appropriate hardware for internal use
- Install and configure all hardware with appropriate software
- Manage and resolve day to day issues with IT such as printers, PC’s and software
- Administration and maintenance of VPN and RDP systems, including set-up and troubleshooting
- Liaising with all external IT providers to ensure optimal service and support, resolving issues promptly and effectively
- Oversee all network cabling requirements
- Administration of access control systems such as fob entry and clock in systems
- Set-up and utilise reporting systems to extract data from company systems and reporting on information as requested by management
- Manage all aspects of the telephone systems ensuring they’re fit for purpose
- Oversee and support with integration of all systems, such as between the printing press and Prinergy system
- Take ownership of the company website administration and updates in line with management requests
- Be the first point of contact for all IT and telephone queries for employees
- Building strong relationships with all departments & employees
- Any other reasonable requests by management
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Able and willing to learn with a desire to build your skill set
- Flexible and able to support out of hours when required
- Trustworthy with a strong sense of personal ethics
- Keen to progress your career in IT
- Positive, professional attitude and passionate about improving the business
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and confident working with data and IT systems
- Demonstrable understanding of generalist IT areas and previous experience desirable
- Experience of working in an IT role is advantageous but not essential
- Good verbal and written skills
- Problem Solving
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Desirable: Committed to undertaking the apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.