Level 3 IT Solutions Technician – Software Pathway
Title: IT Solutions Technician
Salary: £12,000– with Regular reviews
About the company:
We provide IT support and services for your entire IT infrastructure, giving you a single point of contact for all your IT requirements. We consult, plan and implement effective IT solutions and can supply all your hardware, software, cloud services and support at very competitive prices.
Founded in 1981, at the very beginning of the global IT revolution, this company now supports the infrastructure for a diverse range of businesses – looking after the IT for hundreds of companies within the West Midlands and all over the UK. Over the years, this company has played a pivotal role in the development of IT in the UK – being the first to provide IT services to Dixons and Comet, and one of the first UK dealers for IBM.
Due to their continued growth are now looking to expand the team and have a new Apprentice join to help with this continuous growth.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with a company based in the West Midlands.
Do you love technology? We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and customer service skills. Working within the support team, the successful candidate will provide first line support to customers on a range of technical issues.
You will learn and develop your skills through hands on experience, supplemented by completing technical qualifications as part of the apprentice scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic IT-oriented individual to develop their skills within a fast-paced and exciting environment.
The ideal candidate for the role will be a talented and highly motivated individual with some experience in IT. You must be able to demonstrate basic IT literacy and a keen interest in a career in technology and applications.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st Line support for Clients/Customers
- To deal with inbound calls that relate to existing customer enquiries, directing queries as necessary to the appropriate member of staff or department in order to help maintain customer satisfaction.
- To monitor the work of team members, to allocate/reallocate work as appropriate, so as to ensure skills are fully utilised, that work is distributed evenly, and so that SLAs are achieved
- To seek advice from the Service Delivery Manager as necessary in order to ensure technical issues are addressed appropriately, and to escalate matters in a timely manner if it becomes necessary.
- To book appointments for onsite technical service work, making sure that resources are optimised, in order to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiencies are achieved.
- To log incoming calls to the Service Desk in ConnectWise and to monitor the progress of any matters assigned to the team within the parameters of the established Service Desk procedures, in order to ensure client data is accurately maintained.
- To respond appropriately to technical queries raised, through effective prioritisation in order to meet SLAs and to ensure client satisfaction.
- To maintain the appropriate client site documentation with any appropriate revisions, so that it is always accurate and is available for presentation to clients as and when required.
- Install and configure and support Virtual Environments using a variety of software
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly
- Basic knowledge on coding
- Basic understanding of a wide range of hardware (printers, laptops, monitors, cabling etc) and some basic software
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Hardware Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Security and legislation
- Core technical IT Knowledge
- Methodologies and Principles
- MTA HW or SW Path
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.