Level 3 IT Solutions Technician – Hardware Pathway
Weekly Hours Worked: 9:00am – 17:00pm
Salary: Apprenticeship Rate £5 (more dependent on experience) + Benefits: Access to additional internal training.
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company was founded in 1934, and since they have grown into providing full range of accountancy, audit and taxation services to their clients. They have over 84 years of experience managing wide range of clients including individuals, families, and companies with their highly diversified and qualified high impact team of professionals.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with a company based in London.
Do you love technology? We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and customer service skills. Working within the support team, the successful candidate will provide first line support to customers on a range of technical issues.
You will learn and develop your skills through hands on experience, supplemented by completing technical qualifications as part of the apprentice scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic IT-oriented individual to develop their skills within a fast-paced and exciting environment.
The ideal candidate for the role will be a talented and highly motivated individual with some experience in IT. You must be able to demonstrate basic IT literacy and a keen interest in a career in technology and applications.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Install and configure Firewalls
- Install and configure and support Virtual Environments using a variety of software
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Answer calls and respond to colleagues / client needs appropriately.
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
- support the roll-out of new applications
- set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- test and evaluate new technology
Certification to be gained in addition to the qualifications provided:
3CX Basic Certified Systems Engineer
3CX Intermediate Certified Systems Engineer
3CX Advanced Certified Systems Engineer
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly
- Basic knowledge on coding
- Basic understanding of a wide range of hardware (printers, laptops, monitors, cabling etc) and some basic software
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Good punctually
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Hardware Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Security and legislation
- Core technical IT Knowledge
- Methodologies and Principles
- MTA HW or SW Path
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.