Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Hours per week: Hours: Tues to Sat – 35 hours per week
Flexible working with a minimum core of 4 hours per day, between 10:00 & 18:00. Hours to be notified and agreed before the beginning of the week.
£9,600 per annum – Dependant on experience
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This comany is one of our brands that in simple terms is a computer shop. We have the requirement for a technician here but there are engineering opportunities with this company.
The employer is a Leeds based company offering a comprehensive range of Computing equipment design & maintenance, Software, IT Consultancy, Systems and Support to businesses locally in Leeds as well as throughout the Yorkshire region. We pride ourselves in taking care of complete solutions from initial survey and specification of the correct equipment, through installation, configuration and testing to full maintenance and support.
Your role as an Apprentice Technician will be responsible as part of the 1st Line Support and maintenance, ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met and that quality targets are reached and maintained.
Working at this company is a fantastic opportunity for a hard-working individual to start and build a career as an IT Technician. The job will be hands on mainly working with computer hardware daily as well as providing general IT support.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Taking inbound calls from users with technical issues providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- To ensure all calls and tickets are raised with detailed information of user issues accurately on the Call Management system.
- Implement Knowledge Document resolutions to Known Errors.
- Implement resolutions derived through own technical knowledge.
- Respond efficiently to enquiries and effectively resolve any issues.
- Escalating any complex incidents in line with company processes ensuring compliance to Service Level Agreements
- Evaluate and chase up escalations appropriately to ensure customer demands are met.
- Working daily with computer hardware, repairing and fixing to customer needs.
- provide technical support services on products or services to internal and/or external customers
- save and store technical documentation in the correct format, location in accordance with organisational and/or customer requirements
Qualities and Skills required:
Ideally, you will possess the following core skills:
– Strong attention to detail
– Ability to work under pressure
– Able to think outside the box
– Prepared to take responsibility for their actions
– Enthusiastic to learn, listen and develop
– understand how to identify that the data and documentation being used is current and up to date
In addition, you will have a good grade at GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT and a hunger for IT and technology. Previous experience IT Desktop support experience is not essential but a good understanding and working knowledge of IT desktops concepts is required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Security & Legislation
- Core IT Technical Knowledge
- Methodologies & Principles
- Hardware or Software
- MTA HW or SW Path
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.