Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Apprenticeship Title: IT Solutions Technician
Weekly Hours worked: 8:30 – 17:00
Salary: £9K-£12K DOE
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Since being acquired by ABS UK in February 2018 this company has grown healthily and now sits poised at the start of an exaggerated growth curve. This growth curve will be fuelled by the planned acquisition of up to 5 further IT support operations over the next 4 years.
A key element in achieving our growth goals is attracting the right people to deliver the right services to the right client base in the professional manner this company has built its reputation on.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a IT Solutions Technician Apprentice with a company based in Halifax.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly and annual hardware and software maintenance tasks.
- Report and liaise with the line manager to ensure routine tasks are completed and recorded.
- Be first point of call for companywide IT issues.
- Provide technical support to users across the company’s hardware and software.
- Ensure hardware and software is kept up to date.
- Perform PC/Server/Infrastructure hardware and software repairs, upgrades and provisioning.
- Set-up and maintain user accounts.
- Actively seek to broaden knowledge and skills relevant to responsibilities including in depth knowledge of our HMCA/S PLC’s software application.
- Liaise with external IT suppliers where applicable.
- Setting up new PC’s and Laptops
- Logging issues for clients
- Shadowing senior members of staff
Let’s talk about what you must bring to this role;
- You must be intuitively hard-working.
- We need you to be naturally approachable and communicative with people of all ages, backgrounds and IT skill-sets.
- You must have a comfortable, confident telephone manner to deal with client’s staff facing an unexpected IT issue.
- IT will have been a theme in your education to date and you must be keen to learn new skills.
- You need to be demonstratively intelligent and be capable learning new IT skills quickly while also retaining knowledge developed in an experience-led development structure.
- You will be sustainability-aware & committed to making role in the world ever more sustainable.
- You must have a clean, full driving licence.
Skills & Experience:
You will have some of the following key IT knowledge-sets after which, what you lack, we will help you acquire;
Key knowledge sets:
- Windows Networking
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 administration
- Microsoft 365 administration
- Remote Desktop
- Firewall configuration, e.g. Draytek
- Backup Software
- Antivirus Software
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Self Motivated
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Considering the journey the company is on, with maximum effort, which only you can deliver, you can make the career progress your skills and ambitions deserve.
- Starting salary – £9000 to £12000 depending on experience
- Hours/days of work – Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:00
- Holidays – 20 days per annum + bank holidays
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.