Job Title: IT Solutions Technician Apprentice
Salary: £14,000 p.a.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Here at this company we deliver industry beating applications that are transforming how we and our customers work.
Our innovative open technology better connects our customers to intermediaries, suppliers, FinTechs and consumers. We are the digital platform provider of choice for the Building Society and small bank sector delivering highly effective and affordable core banking and digital front-end solutions whilst exercising ethical business practices.
As a IT Solution Technician Apprentice, you will work closely with our customers to provide support across a range of products alongside the business team.
The customer will always be your primary focus, working to ensure a great customer experience; you will quickly become a well trusted resource to our customers who will rely upon your expertise for support and guidance.
You will be focused and driven; delivering a high standard of professional support to our customers as you work with the business and development team to gain an exceptional knowledge of our products.
Working at this company will provide you with exposure to an Agile software development environment, we are recognised internationally as a competent and trusted business specialising in the Building Society sector. The software we develop, covers a range of financial services from our Online Banking to Mortgage Application services.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- The ability to analyse, diagnose and solve customer problems across a broad range of business applications.
- To provide a customer focused service by taking ownership of any assigned tasks.
- To develop a sense for continuous service improvement while undertaking tasks.
- You must be able to assist customers in a confident and respectful manner, as the first line into the company.
- Experience of assisting customers using different communications channels; telephone, instant messaging, video, etc.
- A practical knowledge and passion for new technologies will be an asset in this role.
- A proven ability working in an efficient manor, managing your own time.
- Must be of a curious nature and be proactive about becoming a subject matter expert in our product set.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Quick learner
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changes
- Positive can do attitude
- Good at working as a team
After successfully passing the level 3 apprenticeship and the probation period, you will be provided with opportunities to grow with the business; as your role develops, we will be committed to supporting your profession with the ability to work closely with a multitude of different business areas and potential to complete qualifications needed to reach the next step of your career.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions qualification with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Security & Legislation
- Core Technical IT Knowledge
- Methodologies & Principles
- Hardware or Software Pathway
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate