Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Salary: £300pw + Travel subsidy
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company is renowned globally for Coding and Marking solutions. Manufacturing industries far and wide benefit from our expertise in batch and date coding of products and packaging. As a key player in both the continuous inkjet and laser marking industries, we hold a significant and increasing worldwide market share, achieved by continuing emphasis on engineering excellence and best in class products, outstanding marketing and customer service, and professional management.
This company employs approximately 330 associates globally across 3 main office locations in Cambridge UK, Paris (Courcouronnes) France and Shanghai China.
What We Value
We believe that real breakthroughs come from teams that think big and respect each other’s differences – different ideas, different perspectives, and different experiences.
We encourage all voices to be heard, both internally as we collaborate, as we grow our and externally as we listen to our customers’ most pressing needs. We are on a journey to adapting the ways in which we work, making flexible working the key to a diverse organisation.
This company achieve by providing growth and development opportunities, enabling our associates to fulfil their potential. Come and join this journey with us!
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with a coding and marking solutions business based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Provide initial technical support, troubleshoot, escalate:
- Initial troubleshooting of tickets raised with the IT Department
- Appropriately prioritise tickets based on urgency and impact
- Complete setup of new starter hardware, software, and user account
- Feedback to wider team on ticket trends or common issues occurring
- Desk setup and support for office-based associates
- Document troubleshooting steps within the ticketing system
- Answering incoming calls, and logging incidents using the ticket logging system
- Escalate tickets where appropriate to 2nd Line Support
- Active Directory administration
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Motivated and driven to develop a career path into I.T
- Positive and professional style with ability to build rapport easily with customers and deliver high standards of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to adjust style and approach to fit differing individual situations
- Strong prioritisation skills with the ability to capture day to day work whilst meeting the needs of a fast-moving business
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbally)
- High energy and ability to build rapport
- We use a variety of online tools and technology, so you’ll be happy working with MS Office applications and can easily turn your hand to online systems and tools.
- English and French speaking preferred (French – desirable)
Future Prospects/Our Offer:
Benefits will include 25 days annual leave, plus Bank holidays.
Annual performance-based Bonus, Simply Health Cash Plan, Pension contribution match of up to 6% and many more benefits to enjoy.
We grow talent; we give you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths. This company is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek innovation, growth, and opportunity.
A career with this company will push you and challenge you, providing growth opportunities and the
prospects to advance your career.
If you are a driven high achiever, you will work with committed, like-minded people, giving you the
support to reach your full potential.
At Danaher, your potential is amplified. Our culture of continuous improvement defines who we are, drives our success, and translates to a career without limits for our team of 65,000 intellectually curious associates.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option (MTA)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.