Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Service Desk Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of filled bedding products. Offering everything that anyone could ever need to get a great night’s sleep, we manufacture and distribute duvets, pillows, protectors and mattress toppers to the nation’s biggest retailers. Working alongside some of the biggest names in bedding such as Silentnight, Sealy and Jeff Banks, we pride ourselves in the quality of our products and the service we offer. Employing over 400 people across four sites in Manchester, our team are passionate about what we do and value every person who plays their part in making our business so successful.
As the IT Servicedesk Apprentice, you will be joining a small group of IT professionals with a wide variety of skills and experience, becoming part of the Servicedesk team which is the IT front-line, customer facing and supporting all our staff, the software, the systems and the devices they use.
Working closely with the rest of the team, you will ensure faults are logged, managed, and resolved efficiently. The role is very varied, which might one day involve sitting at your desk responding to Servicedesk tickets and phone calls, and the next day visiting one of our sites to help resolve a system fault. This role is based at our Stakehill Site in Middleton and whilst not an essential requirement, holding a driving licence is an advantage.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
The role involves IT Support via telephone and/or Teams, you will need to be able to demonstrate a calm, friendly and reassuring presence to our IT Users. You will also:
- Offer 1st line support via phone, Skype/Teams, and email.
- Proactively update users with issue status and resolution progress
- Visit company sites to troubleshoot IT problems that cannot be fixed remotely
- Learn and follow the IT processes to ensure issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Carry out office and general administration (ordering PCs, spares etc) to keep IT Services running efficiently.
- Promote a “can do” attitude, by looking for solutions and not problems
- Other appropriate technician duties under supervision and as requested by the IT Systems Development Lead.
- Be committed to undertaking the advanced apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
- Achieved BTEC or equivalent in an IT related discipline, plus Maths and English at Grade C or 4/5
Skills Required (Essential/desirable skills, knowledge and Qualifications):
- A true team player with the ability to work independently and understand the importance of their contribution.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- A genuine interest in technology
- Excellent communication skills as this role will involve speaking to a wide range of stakeholders.
- A natural curiosity for problem solving and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, embrace new challenges, and develop in the role, with aspirations to progress your career in the field of IT.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.