Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Title: IT Service Desk Apprentice
Salary: £9,000 P.A
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Our mission is to be a distinctive law firm valued by our clients for consistently achieving excellent results. We believe our distinctiveness is based on the quality of the services we deliver to our clients, our unique culture and the engagement of our partners and our high calibre lawyers.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Service Desk Apprentice with a company based in Leeds.
To provide assistance to the IT Service Desk team with regard to answering calls, dealing with new tickets and other general administrative tasks.
At all times to ensure that you deliver a high level client service experience when interacting with our clients.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Deal with the emails (incidents and service requests) received in the IT Service Desk mailbox.
- Assign tickets via the service management software.
- Investigate, monitor and resolve any incidents/service requests within the service management software.
- Liaise with our internal and external clients, IT support personnel and external suppliers to resolve incidents.
- Update and keep clients information of progress on calls.
- Install software where appropriate as per instructions.
- Monitor and distribute stock control (eg, monitors, maintenance kits, keyboard, mice).
- Answer incoming telephone calls to the IT Service Desk.
- Floor walking and desk visits when requested.
- Asset tag, log and where appropriate document all IT assets.
- Document any new process agreed with the IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Comply with and maintain any existing procedures.
- Participate in approved IT related projects as directed.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as when it is required by the firm.
- Provide assistance where necessary during system downs and emergencies.
- Provision end user devices.
- Investigate and troubleshoot hardware and software faults.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Must be flexible in their approach and be willing to help team members
- Be confident in your communication with people at all levels
- Have an interest in IT and be confident in using a computer
- Have a positive attitude
- Demonstrate the desire to learn new skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Demonstrate ‘have a go attitude’, using all available resources
- Polite and courteous manner
Desirable: Committed to undertaking the apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.